Pumpkin Season means coming up with creative recipes to USE the happy orange gourd!
But the thing is… I’m a fan of all things BANANA.
I’ve been researching and dreaming up ways to incorporate my love of the banana with everyone’s favorite fall fascination of pumpkin flavored treats.
I started out with my favorite banana bread and/or muffin recipe (you can find it on my site). Or use your own favorite Banana Bread recipe…
Because I wanted a big batch of muffins for school lunches I doubled the recipe. And froze half of them.
Half bananas and half pumpkin. Adding a little bit of cinnamon—about ¾ teaspoon. And chocolate chips on top of course.
The result was a really moist muffin with really only a hint of pumpkin flavor. The bananas kind of won the battle for flavor. Maybe less bananas next time and more pumpkin? I’m not a fan of extra spices in pumpkin treats… see my favorite pumpkin recipes and please… GO EASY ON THE SPICES people!
When I was searching for other pumpkin/banana treats a few blogger friends were there to save my pumpkin day!
How about Pumpkin Banana Breakfast shake from Kristen at DineandDish.net?
She added applesauce and honey as well as milk and whip cream on top of course!
This Pumpkin Banana Mousse Tart comes from Lori Lang of RecipeGirl.com
My new blogger friend Nancy at BitterSideofSweet.com right here in the Carolinas put a spin on one of my favorite pumpkin holiday recipes and all ‘chocolatified’ the Pumpkin Roll! I’m totally on board with trying it her way for a change!
How are you ‘mixin it up’ this year with your pumpkin recipes?
A few more cuz I can’t help myself.
- Chocolate Chip Studded Pumpkin Roll Bars
- Pumpkin (and Banana) Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Banana Breakfast Bars
- Don’t Leave out the Pooch! Pumpkin Banana Doggy Treats
If you don’t know about our new GoodNCrazy Puppy(!), then you aren’t following any of my social media outlets (See my Instagram Feed– @CarissaRogers). We’ve been all about #OscarOctober all month! We haven’t had a lot of time for anything outside of puppy time in fact.
And I just realized Halloween is… 3 days away.
Our plan this year since our kids are old (when did they get so old??) is to sit at the end of our driveway with a small bonfire and hand out candy like two old farts. It only just dawned on me that we’re so new to the puppy thing that we don’t even know what kind of SCARY issues and dangers might be out there for a doggy?
We’ll be double careful of all these issues.
What types of scary problems have you seen over Halloween with a family pet?
Quick Tips from the AVMA.org To keep your Pets Safe for Halloween
Keep Halloween Treats out of Reach. Candy is in abundance on Halloween, making it essential that we ensure our pets are at paws length to avoid sickness. Chocolate + caramel = good combo. Chocolate + pets = Trick-or-Treating at the vet’s office.
- Identification Is Key. Due to the chaos of the neighborhood crowds, pets may get spooked and run away. Make sure to have proper identification on your pet to guarantee they do not get lost.
- Fire is not Pet Friendly. Jack-O-Lanterns and lit candles should be kept away from pets to prevent injury.
- Care for Your Pets with Comfortable Costumes. If you want to dress up your pets so they can also partake in the Halloween festivities, it’s important to make sure the costume allows them to move, see, breath, and hear. If you think it would be uncomfortable for a human, then it’s definitely not right for your pet.
- To Glow or Not to Glow. Glow sticks and jewelry are commonly used on Halloween. However, the liquid and small pieces can be quite harmful to our pets, if ingested. Remember to keep these costume elements far away from pets’ mouths.
- Stranger Danger. Your pet is bound to come into contact with many new people and animals while greeting Trick-or-Treaters. If your pet tends to be weary of strangers, it’s suggested that they are placed in another room as to avoid the commotion and prevent injury to either the pet or Trick-or-Treater.
Have a safe Halloween with your WHOLE family!
NOT a sponsored post, just sharing information I found via the Veterinary Medical Association.
How was YOUR weekend? Ours was packed!
And it’s just the beginning of Marching Band Season.
GET OFF OUR FOOTBALL FIELD!
Are you ready to take the Manual Mode Holy Grail leap of faith when it comes to DSLR Cameras? About a year ago a giant lightbulb went off in my brain and shooting in Manual mode with my Nikon D5000 SLR finally made sense. I owned my camera for more than 4 years at that […][More...]
We have the perfect rug storm: teenagers dashing through the house, manic puppy ripping & uprooting chairs (not-to-mention flinging rugs) and that weird magnetic pull of the living room rug-on-carpet inching and bunching and sliding the rugs away from where they are meant to stay put![More...]
Please meet the newest GoodNCrazy family member.
His name is Oscar. Or the DogFormerlyKnown as Dexter. #OscarOctober[More...]
You know that one time when you bring home hotdogs and realize they are fat-free!!
Just what exactly do you think are in hot dogs if there is NO FAT in them?
Don’t answer that question.[More...]
If my daughter can’t speak up for herself in a relatively safe situation because she doesn’t feel that she can upset the authority in the room, then I have Failed as a Mother.[More...]
Lightroom saves my bacon when I’m editing photos.
Especially photos I really love but DANG how did I screw them up so badly?
HELLO! Liane Moriarty has a new book out ! She WHAT?? Hold on. Stop the world for a second. Big Little Lies.[More...]
And thanks to the magic and mystery of modern day social media – Snapchat!, Facetime!, iMessage! — my daughters really never left KTown. Not for months.[More...]
I had WAY more Diesel questions than the poor VW folks knew what to do with. I made them promise to hook me up with a Diesel nerd. And They Did! I say that with the utmost respect of course.[More...]