35+ Unique Gift Ideas For Women | GoodNCrazy Gift Guide
A Giant List of Fun, Funky and PRACTICAL Gift Ideas for all the Mom-Friends on your List!
GoodNCrazy gift ideas for your own mother who stopped ‘needing’ anything 15 years ago. And when you don’t know what to buy for your 6 sisters. Oh? Is the 6 sisters thing just me? Yeah.. seriously… good luck coming up with birthday and Christmas ideas for that many sisters!
GoodNCrazy Tip: Keep mom-gifts practical. NO lotions, candles or tchotchkes please! Purely decorative items are NOT on this list. Let them find those gifts themselves. But if it’s a personal type item they might like (AND USE), go for gift cards specific to those items VS trying to pick the right color or size for them.
I tend to purchase the same fun thing for all of my sisters and extra BONUS points if it’s available on Amazon so I can ship it for free, right? I’ll let you know below if an item is offered on Amazon. Assume there is an affiliate link in that case. Yes, I’ll get a nickel if you purchase the item. We can share a hot cocoa later!
- Silicone Baking Mats—This was my gift last year to every woman I knew. I literally use them EVERY time I bake on my cookie pans. Chicken nuggets to cookies cook better and the cleanup is SO MUCH FASTER!
- Cool Whisk with Balls! – A WMF whisk like no other. My favorite go to tool in my kitchen is a whisk like this with balls at the end instead of rounded like most whisks. GREAT gift, I promise.
- A VERY nice knife with a new cutting board—I find when I’m at friends’ homes that they have crappy knives a lot. A sharp knife is a surprisingly great gift.
- A sugar shaker—why people don’t already own one I never know. I always buy a cheap glass sugar shaker at restaurant supply stores or most grocery stores have them as well. (Make vanilla bean infused sugar and fill the shaker as a thoughtful addition). Or make sugar cookies… get it?
Moms Love Tech!
- GoPhone Wifi Device with $25 gift card for 1.5 GB data for one month. Having your own WiFi device on long roadtrips is like the most blissful gift you could give a mom with teens.
- Clipless phone clip – Seriously BRILLIANT. This thing clips via a VERY strong magnet to your clothes or purse or attaches to the wall in your kitchen to read recipes! WHY do mom clothes never have pockets??
- A Portable Battery Backup for Cell Phones – I’ve tested several and honestly most of them suck. I bought a Straight Talk brand (Walmart) backup battery a few months ago for about $20 and so far it works well, holds its own charge and is small enough to fit in my purse while traveling.
Hair, Beauty & Stuff
- TIGI Sugar Shock—I love this stuff. Not hairspray, more like a curl & body maximizer. Spray it on and crunch up your waves with your fingers. Smells like watermelon btw.
- Makeup Gift Card to Ulta or CVS or Someplace with makeup.. cuz you don’t want to pick out makeup for anyone, heck I can barely pick it out for myself. But every woman needs more mascara. If you know someone who sells Mary Kay, ask for a gift certificate, they likely will give you a small discount! And Mary Kay’s Mascara is by far my favorite.
- Sweaty Bands—Cool headbands for your runner friends, or in my case ALL of my sisters. Seriously cute designs to choose from, buy a different one for each sister or friend.
Reading Suggestions, for the Bookie on your list
I’ve read and LOVED these books this year.
- Liane Moriarty’s newest book: Big Little Lies
- Elaine Lui: Listen to the Squawking Chicken
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousesef
- The Elizabeth Smart Story by Elizabeth Smart
- Lynne Handy: In the Time of Peacocks
- Diane Setterfield: The Thirteenth Tale
For the Photographer Lover on your List
I admit it. I love all things photography right now! Do you know a photography lover?
- SWEET designer camera strap! – Every photographer deserves a FAB strap.
- Keep Calm and Say Cheese – Luggage Tags, customize with name.
- Humans of New York – Coffee Table book, I would LOVE to own this!
- Lightroom 5 – I’m telling you. Lightroom changed my life. If you know a photo happy mom who takes HUNDREDS of photos and she is ready to take it to the next level. SHE NEEDS THIS IN HER LIFE. Amen.
- Biscoff Butter—PEOPLE. I didn’t know this stuff existed till now? Holy wonderful TOAST! Create a gift basket with this stuff and a couple loaves of specialty store baked bread. I can find it in my grocery stores, but you can also buy it online.
- Stonewall Cranberry + Horseradish Spread— These two flavors were made for each other. I have a really hard time finding this stuff even in stores that sell Stonewall Spreads. Online you can find it on the Stonewall Site. But shipping pains me. And it IS available on Amazon but it’s DOUBLE the price!? Just trust me. If you ever find this stuff in a store, buy ALL of it. It’s amazing over cream cheese with fancy pants crackers. AMEN.
- Cheesecake – After living in Brooklyn we’re partial to Juniors Cheesecake and we’ve had their world famous cakes shipped to family members as gifts in the past. They come frozen and I’m warning you the cost is high but it makes a great gift!
- Gourmet Cheese & Chocolate Lovers – look around your area locally for a Creamery or Chocolate maker. They ALL ship and no one says no to Chocolate! We loved Rogue Valley Creamery when we lived in Oregon and here in Charlotte I just fell in love with The Secret Chocolatier.
- Steaks of Course! – Think online shopping for amazing meats. Omaha Steaks has a fantastically easy online ordering system. And I just found out they also source chocolates. No chocolate covered steaks though… I asked. Sorry.
Dog Lover Gifts
Check out this sweet recycled pallet wood Raised Doggy Feeding Station. I’d ask them to stain it?
Gifts with a Theme
- Arm Warmers with the Tree stitched in!
- Metal Wall Art of Swirly Tree
- Brimmed Hat Crocheted with Tree Stitched
- Coffee Table with Tree Graphic – DUDE, look at the other artwork they create!
Small Business Saturday is the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving… Think about the local shops and products YOU love. From your hair stylist, to a cute gift shop in town or that new farm to table café that just opened… buy a gift card to YOUR favorite local shops and give the gift of KEEPING the bucks in your own community! If your sisters don’t live in your area, ask if your shop has an online store and buy gift cards.
Here in Fort Mill a few of my fave shops:
- The Flipside Café—Farm to Table type and WOW, you MUST try the pimento cheese dip!
- Jumping Java Café—Trust me. Go eat breakfast here, order the French Toast.
- Local Dish—In old Fort Mill, Every. Single. Thing. On the menu is amazing.
- Crossings Gift Shop, PuckerButt Pepper Co., Hanauer of Bowties.com Fame: All three are located in Old Fort Mill, 3 shops in one spot, grab gift certificates for everyone on your list. Okay bowties probably aren’t for your grandma, but thought I’d mention them since they are located in my backyard! So cool!
DIY—You know, for those of you with extra time on your hands at the holidays… yeah right.
- Best Cookie Mix in a Jar – Reese’s Mini Cups, Need I say more? Really. These are the BEST cookies.
- Create a Word Scarf – Dye your own scarf with words meaningful to your sisters or friends? Wax Resist DIY Scarf. I would create one with all the goofy hashtags my friends use often in our secret group texts!
- DIY Instagram Wall Art—Use this free template from my friend Leelou-Blogs to create an Instagram wall hanging, use the images from your sister’s account secretly and surprise her with this fab gift!
- Fabric Monogram Printing – Oh my heck! The South is ALL about monograms. I had no idea this type of thing was even possible?
This is NOT a sponsored post. I genuinely had to LOVE the product if it made it into my GoodNCrazy Gift Guide. However some products were given to me to test at no cost to me.