Welcome to My World.
I’ve got three Crazy kids and one Good husband.
We recently relocated to the Charlotte area, coast to coast from rural Oregon to big city Charlotte… what a change!
In my former life I was a molecular biologist. In my current life I am the chief researcher of social media karma, family travel, parenting dos (and some don’ts), new recipes and for spice I pretend to be a photographer…
I started blogging in February of 2008. I love the bloggy world where I share and connect with thousands of people about the happy, the sad, the rotten, and the silly! I write about my family, my story, my way.
- A recipe I recently made and couldn’t wait to share.
- A book I couldn’t put down.
- A little church chat, I’m Mormon after all.
- Surprisingly insightful moments with my children.
- Mom Techy/Bloggy Schtuff.
- And if I find a product/service/brand I love? Believe me I’ll shout it from the social media rooftops!
I’ve learned that conversations start with stories… and explode into friendships.
I am VERY picky about reviews or other brand interaction when it comes to writing on my blog. But I am happy to share work with other bloggers who might be interested. Holler and I’ll point you in their direction.
I am willing to write about interesting projects and take part in mom campaigns.
- On Twitter: @CarissaRogers
- On Facebook: CarissaR
- On Pinterest: GoodNCrazy
- On Instagram: CarissaRogers
- On Google+: +CarissaRogers
- Tween Series
- Summer boredom Series
- 15th Anniversary Series
- Techy Mom Talk
- GoodNCrazy Social Media
- GoodNCrazy Food
July 2010- Current
- Board Member
- Travel Writer
- Facebook Engagment Expert
August 2010-December 2012
- Blogger Outreach
- Creative Blog Content (Brainstorming & Writing)
- Intern Wrangler
- One heck of a fabulous Blogger Back to School Campaign Fall 2011, 30+ bloggers involved, I project managed.
October 2010- Current
- Creative technical feedback
- Survey Editing, Blogger feedback (what the blogger thinks)
- Blog Content Community Writer
- Brand Ambassador
- Forums Community Connector— Book Club category, ended
- Forums Community Connector—Education category, ended
- Participation in #GNO blogger campaigns
- Freelance Writer, reviews, crafting
September 2011-August 2012
- Freelance Writing, Weekly Column: “GoodNCrazy Mom”
- Topics: Parenting, School Involvement, All Things GoodNCrazy
July 2011—December 2011
Local Ambassador Liaison
- Contact, locate and retention of local writers
- Create writer campaigns, including ways to compensate and perks
- Represent while at blogging conferences
- Freelance Writing
July 2011—August 2012
Parent Advisory Board
- Freelance Parenting Writing
- Consult on Social Media for reaching moms
- Tech feedback and help gathering other beta support for new app
- Tweeting as @memorymixer
- Advising Facebook/special projects/SEO/Social Media Strategies
Recent Brand Interaction and Consulting
- HTC: As brand enthusiast forum participant and reviewer, #HashtagTheChange A Android Girl!
- General Motors (Hidden Treasure Adventure-RoadTrip)
- Capri Sun: #SeizeTheDay Campaign
Mom It Forward (and the #GNO movement on Twitter, Tuesday nights.)
September 2008- April 2009 as Co-Founder
GoodNCrazy REVIEW Policy
I do not consider samples as compensation in the form of reviews for GoodNCrazy.com. When I write reviews I often find other mom-magazine sites where I place these reviews: MomItForward, GalTime, TravelingMom and others. I do not promise to write at all when a product sample is offered. If I choose to write about the sample I retain all rights to voice whatever I feel or think about the product sample.
If I love something you won’t be able to stop me from shouting it from the Social Media rooftops!
When I write a review on GoodNCrazy.com I will disclose per the FCC guidelines. I do not take money in exchange for reviews. After my family reviews the product or service I write our GoodNCrazy thoughts and our story. I always try to be fair and point out any negatives along with the positives when I can. I rarely write a straight up ‘negative’ review. Sorry, just not interesting for me.
When I write a sponsored post (see a few examples here & here…) I disclose the relationship and the fact that it is a sponsored post on the post itself. If there is a sample involved plus payment I will point that out as well.
However there are many mentions of a product, brand, service or otherwise purely by my own choice and at my own expense unless otherwise noted. When noted it will run at the bottom of post and will say: Disclaimer… followed by my snarky version where I tell it like it is. (Example of an unpaid, uncompensated in any way, snarky Disclaimer.)