Banana Bread With Whole Grains
(shhh don’t tell your kids; it’s whole-grain-good-for-you)
A while back I posted a whole list of banana luv goodness.
And I promised I would one day share my very own Super Banana Bread Recipe.
First, I cannot seem to make regular size loaves come out right. The middle never cooks? I gave up long ago. Instead I make muffins or mini loaves and the soggy center situation is history.
- 1 Cup Sugar (+/- to your taste)
- 2 Medium Bananas (or about 1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup vanilla yogurt or sour cream
- 1 egg
Mix the above ingredients and add
- 1 Cup white flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1 teaspon soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Grains*
- Mix ONLY til combined and then add
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
Mix gently and pour in lined muffin cup pan or 3 small loaf pans.
Cook on 350° for 15-20 minutes. (Till toothpick comes out clean.)
*I LOVE love LOVE whole grain ‘cereals’ from Bob’s Red Mill. I rarely use them as a breakfast food. Instead I toss a couple handfuls in many of the baked goods and even dinners we eat. Ideas for adding whole grains to your otherwise less than whole recipes.
- Spaghetti Sauce, I know, give it a try you’ll be surprised!
- Salads (See my Over the Top Salad idea)