The Best Cookie Mix In A Jar Christmas Gift Idea!
You Know The Awful Cookie Mixes In A Jar…
Seriously. NOT THESE.
And really. When the main ingredient is chunks of Reese’s Cups, how could it not be the winner??
So it’s a good thing these babies look awesome before you add anything.
(The little tubs in the pic are homemade lip gloss for kid friend gifts–didn’t turn out so well… still experimenting on that recipe…I think we’ll keep ’em around for an April fool’s joke or something because they are AWFUL tasting—too much Kool-Aide mix!)
Recipe for the BEST Reese’s Cups Cookie in a Jar Gift Idea
INGREDIENTS for ONE Jar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 mini Reese’s Cups, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth (you’ll thank me) canning jar.
Press each layer firmly in place.
(It will all fit trust me, but it will be tight.)
Add chopped peanut butter cups last.
- Attach directions to Jar:
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
1. Remove peanut butter cups from jar. Set aside.
2. Empty remaining cookie mix into large mixing bowl.
3. Add 1/2 cup butter softened at room temperature. Add in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
4. Mix until completely blended.
5. Mix in peanut butter cups gently with your hands.
6. Shape into 1 Inch sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Give it away Baby!
Do you have a better cookie mix in a jar recipe…? I’d like to find a brownie mix in a jar recipe…
from → Food