Teen Review | HTC Windows 8X Phone Rocks!
HTC Windows 8X Smart Phone, 8 Reasons to Love It!
I’m an Android Mom. I practically shout it from the roof tops. I’ve tested about 10 different HTC Android phones and they simply get better and better.
So when I ‘accidentally’ won an HTC Windows 8X phone and was asked to test it out, give it a whirl… I sort of pouted.
BUT THEN I’ll have to learn a new operating system? I’ll have to figure out all the bells and whistles of a whole different PHONE, not just upgrades and cool new features of a system I already know and love, right?
I made my 15 year old daughter test out the phone instead!
She was MORE than happy to oblige. And I’m kinda jealous, cuz within 24 hours she was up and running and had the WHOLE thing figured out. (Dang, I’m old. Shut up.)
She came up with a list of Pros and Cons to be all Legit about this ‘Teen Review’!
First the LIKEs:
- I love the physical, exterior look of the phone, it’s sleek and smooth and BLUE! How cool is that? My friends were all: is that the new Windows Phone? LUCKY!!
- The phone is recognizable and the whole Windows tile thing is sexy!
- It’s fast. Like, the websites load crazy fast, love that.
- The CAMERA!! Wide angle and great quality shots!
- The Beats audio… rocks of course!
- I like how the photo gallery is set up. The ‘Live Tile’—browse, save and ‘what’s new’ in the Facebook Album is totally awesome.
- Um, it holds up even when I drop it. (Shh don’t tell my mom!!)
- Apps that are available make me happy: Angry Birds and Temple Run of course!
Now the Don’t LIKEs:
- The side button for the camera is cool, but I hit it in my pocket and it takes pictures without having to unlock it first. Tons of pocket photos on my phone now!
- Popular apps aren’t available for the Windows OS, like Instagram, Pinterest and Pandora. There are third party apps that make it almost accessible to run Instagram and Pinterest, but it’s really not the same. (NO PANDORA? Mom says.. DEAL BREAKER for her.. Pandora is a MUST!!)
- Because apps are different it was hard to navigate the different versions at first. “Facebook is Strange” –direct quote. But still usable. Just had to learn it.
- The sound settings are odd, normally when you press the sound down button it will adjust to vibrate or zero sound. But on this phone I have to click 3-4 steps in the settings to change it to vibrate only. And as a teen, this is a real must since phones are not allowed in school etc!
- And the worst of all, text messages cannot be set to ‘vibrate only’ as a notification setting! So annoying.
Notice she never mentioned a word about how the actual PHONE works as a PHONE?
Yeah that’s because she never uses the phone as a phone!
And seriously no Pandora?
What would I do?
Is there another music streaming app that can match Pandora for Windows, cuz I would die without it!
Overall, my teenage daughter LOVES the Windows 8X phone, I think if I tried to take it back from her I’d have a Russian Revolution level teen revolt on my hands!
Disclaimer, I won this Windows 8X phone directly from HTC at no cost to me. And my daughter is using it at no cost to her… well, babysitting, but that’s just normal. NOTE: Amazon Affiliate Links.