Terra’s Kitchen | Meal Kit Service Delivered in a Chilled Vessel
Thanks to Terra’s Kitchen we were able to have two delicious & healthy meals, less than 30 minutes each to make!
Get $30 off your first order with code: “GOODCRAZY30″
No expiration, one time use.
We had never tried any of the websites that send you ingredients and recipes to make meals, Terra’s Kitchen is a good option especially for time saving and healthy meals.
A Recipe For Real Life is their Slogan.. I LIKE THAT!
- We started online by making an account. Then we chose how many servings we wanted and for how many people. We got two servings of each meal and each fed 4 people easily, especially the Bacon Kale Pasta there was enough for our family of five!
- The fun part is picking what meals you want. They have dozens of options! It took me forever to decide. In the end I chose two servings of Oven-fried Chicken and Lemon Rainbow slaw, and two servings of Bacon, Kale, and Caramelized Onion Pasta Bowl
- Then we waited for our climate controlled vessel to arrive. (The vessel is the box of the future that your ingredients come in totally chilled and fresh.)
- It came and we began to unpack. Each ingredient is already perfectly portioned for your recipe. All that was needed was to open the packages and start cooking! The only thing I had to actually pull a knife out for and chop was the bacon and cut the lemon in half and zest it. (SERIOUSLY, almost no prepping!)
- It was super nice to not have to measure out anything, but I would suggest opening all of the packages before you begin. I kept needing to pour something in, but it wasn’t opened yet.
- The recipes were very detailed and easy to follow. The pasta dish took a little less than thirty minutes, and the chicken dish took a little longer, because breading each piece of chicken took up a good chunk of time, but I was also preparing four servings at a time for each meal.
- Returning the Chilled Technology Vessel was literally a 1, 2, 3-snap! Peel off the FedEx label, revealing a return label and set the Vessel back on your front step. DO NOTHING ELSE. FedEx already knows to return the next day to pick it up for you. DONE!
The food was tasty and flavorful (possibly a little grown up– the 12 year old didn’t love the Kale Pasta) but overall everyone enjoyed both meals.
The Oven-Fried Chicken was FOR SURE the favorite of everyone in the family. It came out crispy and perfect, with the right amount of kick in the buffalo seasoning!
The least favorite was the Lemon Rainbow Slaw. It was beautiful looking, but the lemon flavor was overpowering for half of our family, so I would suggest not using as much lemon juice as called for or using vinegar instead. It didn’t quite feed our family of five all the way, if we had another side, like some rice, it probably would have fed us five a little bit better, but it was definitely enough for a family of four.
The Bacon Kale pasta went over about about half and half with the family. The bacon was amazing and the whole house smelled so so delish! The dish fed the five of us, with some even leftover. However the family was split on the pasta because even with the amazing bacon it needed something a bit more flavorful to give it punch. Also for SURE have a loaf of french bread or salad on hand to go with the pasta dish!
Watch our fun Video while making the Pasta Dish from Terra’s Kitchen!
Would we use Terra’s Kitchen as a Meal Kit Delivery Service again?
Terra’s Kitchen is a great experience, the food is yummy, the ingredients are absolutely fresh and great quality and the serving amounts are what they say they are. BONUS: all the prep work (AKA chopping etc.) is done for you!
It is a little bit pricey. For all of the food that we ordered our total came to almost $100, so about $50 per meal. If you are feeding four people $50 is $13/person-ish. But that won’t include drinks or any extras like a salad or loaf of french bread… or dessert.
For a busy family of 2 to 5 people it is a great solution to weeknight meals. It was so nice not having to worry about buying ingredients, it just shows up at your door, you spend thirty minutes putting it together, and it tastes like you spent hours picking ingredients and cooking. Our meals could have lasted in the fridge for 2-3 days before we cooked them.
I think the best way to utilize a service like Terra’s Kitchen for our family would be to have the vessel delivered on the day after we return from a family vacation. When there’s nothing in the fridge to eat and the last thing you want to do is eat out again!
The answer is yes we plan to use Terra’s Kitchen as a meal delivery option, but for special occasions like after travel or during a particularly busy week when we know we won’t have time for grocery shopping and meal prep!
Get $30 off your first order with code: “GOODCRAZY30”
No expiration, one time use.
Disclosure: Our food was provided at no cost to us to test and share our honest opinions. This post has been sponsored by TerrasKitchen.com. Huge thanks to Sorel for testing everything out!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Terra’s Kitchen. The opinions and text are all mine.